Air Fryer Toast
I will be the first to admit that this is as basic as basic can get. But, I’ve always wondered how restaurants make their toast. Am I alone in this? It just tastes better/different than when I use my toaster at home.
I thought it was probably the amount of butter and that I shouldn’t ask further questions, but then I got an air fryer.
Admittedly, I was late to fall in love with the air fryer. I had jumped on the instant pot trend and used it twice in an entire year before donating it. Yes, I know they can be amazing, it’s just not for me!
So, buying another what seemed to be trendy large countertop appliance wasn’t sounding like something I was going to do.
So what changed? My mom got one! And she let me use hers. Now I have the same air fryer that Emma has and it’s the most popular appliance in my kitchen … well … besides the coffee pot.
My sweet mama also gets full credit for discovering that you can make delicious toast in the air fryer. Her toaster broke, so she did some investigating to find out if you can make toast in an air fryer. And you can!
Full disclosure: I’m probably going to keep my toaster, but I think this is a nice alternative and if I’m wanting to make specialty toast on the weekend, it’s the best way to do it!
You can’t exactly easily slide a piece of toast with a spread on it into the toaster without making a complete mess.
- Don’t forget to preheat your air fryer. Mine takes 2-3 minutes to preheat, but that will vary with what type of air fryer you’re using. Some have an alert when they’re ready, too.
- Butter the bread. This is important so your toast isn’t really dry.
- Watch your time. I keep mine in the air fryer for 3 minutes, but if you like it crispier you may want to adjust.
- Bread type. Different types of bread will also impact baking time.
- Toppings. I wouldn’t bake fresh produce in the air fryer, but things like butter, almond butter and honey add to the flavor of the toast!
- Cinnamon sugar. Put this combo on your toast before you put the bread in the air fryer. Oh my goodness, it’s delicious!
- Avocado toast with Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel seasoning (why yes, I am a millennial).
- Almond butter with sea salt
- Almond or peanut butter with bananas and honey
Are you team air fryer? If you’ve fallen in love with this superstar like we have, here are some of our favorite and most popular air fryer recipes to date!
- Air Fried Okra
- Basic Crispy Air Fried Wings
- Air Fried Breakfast Potatoes
- Easy (Air Fried) Seasoned French Fries
Thanks for letting me share! I hope you enjoy some air fryer toast soon! If you have any other topping suggestions or tips, please share, I’d love some new ideas to try!
Air Fryer Toast
1 Air Fryer
- 1 piece bread can be any type
Preheat your air fryer to 300° F. My air fryer typically takes 2-3 minutes to preheat, but follow your manufacturer instructions, as it does vary depending on what type and size of air fryer you’re using.
Butter your toast and add any additional toppings (optional) that you are wanting to cook with the bread.
Set the timer or leave the toast in the air fryer for about 3 minutes. Check the toast to see if it’s your desired level of baked, and if necessary add additional time.
Top with your favorite toast topping and enjoy!