Easy 3 Ingredient Fudge
It’s funny that I never realized how used to holiday traditions you really are until you grow up and they change. As a kid, we always opened presents at our house (since Santa obviously delivered ours there 😉 and then drove about 40 minutes to Buffalo, Missouri to have lunch and open more presents with our extended family at my grandma’s house. Of course, this all changed once I got married and my family expanded. But a lot of Christmas memories center around my grandma Norma’s house. There are many things, but being a lifelong chocoholic, it’s probably no surprise that one of my memories is how my aunt and uncle would always make homemade fudge. I think I will always associate fudge with Christmas for this reason (even though clearly you can enjoy fudge all year round—ha). If you’ve never made homemade fudge before, there are a few different ways and probably about a million variations. I would call this the absolutely easiest way to make fudge. It’s even easier than no bake cookies, if you can believe that! You only need three ingredients: chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, and extract. I usually use vanilla extract (I make homemade vanilla extract), but you could change up the flavor by using something else like peppermint or almond extract instead. Using higher quality chocolate can make a big difference here as well, especially if you plan to gift this fudge. Or if you have a chocolate-crazy niece, you might eat most of it on Christmas Day while the other kids open presents (guilty as charged). Personally, I love to top chocolate fudge with sea salt—like, a lot of sea salt. I do this with any kind of chocolate cookies and usually brownies, too. I just love the combination of dark chocolate and salt. But you could skip this or add something else like sprinkles or chopped nuts. Enjoy this easy three-ingredient fudge—or leave some for Santa instead of cookies this year? Happy holidays, friends! xo. Emma
Easy 3 Ingredient Fudge
- 12 ounces dark or semi-sweet chocolate (chips or chopped)
- 1 can (14 ounces sweetened condensed milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sea salt (sprinkles, or chopped nuts (optional))
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, and extract. Microwave on high for 1-1.5 minutes, in 30-second intervals. Stir in between. Or you can melt this in a glass mixing bowl set over a pot of simmering water (double boiler).
- Once the mixture is melted and smooth, pour into a square baking dish lined with parchment paper. Top with salt, sprinkles, or nuts if using. Allow to fully set before cutting into squares. If you want to speed up this process, you can pop the fudge in the refrigerator or freezer.
You can swap the vanilla extract for other flavors like peppermint or almond to change up the fudge’s flavor.
Credits // Author and Photography: Emma Chapman. Photos edited with A Color Story Desktop.