EILEEN FISHER creates simple, timeless shapes designed to work together effortlessly, season after season. We make our clothes to last—and then take them back to be reworn again or remade into entirely new designs. We believe in the fundamental potential of every person—our employees, our customers and those who make our clothes—and are committed to creating conditions that empower people. It’s all part of our commitment to doing business in a way that helps build a better industry. And a better future. Our clothes are sold at over 65 EILEEN FISHER retail stores, and 1,000 department and specialty stores internationally, as well as 2 RENEW stores, which feature gently worn and remade designs from our take-back program. EILEEN FISHER is one of the largest women’s fashion companies to be a certified B Corporation, which means we voluntarily meet high criteria for social and environmental performance, accountability and transparency.
As a Stylist/Brand Ambassador/Brand Specialist in our beautiful new space, you will be part of a movement to change the world, one garment at a time. You will contribute to an environment that nurtures growth and inspires your best work on an individual and collective level through our DTC (Direct to Customer) initiative, and play an integral role in growing our customer base by building relationships that last as her ward robing and lifestyle needs evolve with time. Every interaction is an opportunity to create an experience unique to her, and to forge a deeper connection through our garments. You will responsible for the areas of customer service, sales, store merchandising, and general store operations. You are fluent in everything from how to work a point-of-sale tablet to what music sets the right mood to leading a craft workshop. You will provide customers with a unique shopping experience by offering excellent customer service, through telling our brand story with authentic selling techniques and in-depth product and brand knowledge.
Business, Strategy and Vision
- Possess positive energy and create an atmosphere of possibility with our customers
- Help drive sales through creating a unique, innovative and inspirational customer experience encompassing the EF lifestyle and brand image.
- Strong sense of product knowledge and can articulate on all aspect of the EF Brand, from history to product to brand messaging
- Use creative approaches to engage the customer with the product; illustrate how to wear the clothing and explore different styling options to covey the brand message
- Mindful of store metrics/sales goals and demonstrate a commitment to drive business
- Generate sales through creating a unique, innovative and inspirational customer experience encompassing the EF lifestyle and brand image, resulting in positive customer relationships and a profitable store
- Maintain knowledge of new seasonal product deliveries, current sales, promotions and in-store events to provide the customer a distinct customer experience
- Contribute to a positive, supportive and collaborative work environment
- Partner with team members and store leaders to help grow our business and maintain a loyal clientele
- Follow industry news, trends and identify key competitors in the market
- Maintain a high level of integrity, initiative, motivation and self-direction
- Initiate connections through e-mail, hand written communication, telephone and in-person conversation
- Use new technology and embrace all avenues of distribution as tools to service our customer
- Use creative, experiential approaches to engage the customer with the product, while showcasing the ease and accessibility of our brand
- Partner with Store Manager to help execute store events and marketing campaigns
- Assist on all aspects of the customer experience through fit sessions, meetings and product workshops
- Knowledgeable about EF apparel, fabrics, brand messages and stories
- Maintain and expand personal client book to create an one-on-one connections
- Ability to promote store events and promotions through email, phone and in-store engagement
- Demonstrate an ability to work in a fast-paced environment while utilizing exceptional customer service skills on the selling floor
- Possess a strong knowledge of community resources and local recommendations for your customer
- Enthusiastically contribute to other tasks and projects to keep the store running smoothly
- Efficiently and accurately process sales, returns and exchanges and other transactions using a point-of-sale system
- Perform merchandising duties including: steaming, folding, and displaying product according to EF visual standards
- Perform light cleaning tasks to maintain a clean and well organized space (i.e vacuuming, dusting, floor sweeping, etc)
- Assist with checking stock on a daily basis and restocking selling floor when necessary
- Perform open and close out procedures
- Provide customer feedback and share with the leadership team
- Support all aspects of in-store events, from inception to execution to follow up
- Ensure and contribute to a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintain a high level of initiative, motivation and self-direction along with creative thinking
- Retail experience or service industry background required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Passionate about contributing to a positive, supportive and collaborative work environment
- Dedication to creating excellent customer experience.
- Open-minded attitude towards experiencing our Brand and product, stylishly ward robing self and customers.
- Ability to adapt quickly and react positively to business needs and changes in strategies.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs. at floor level and/or team lift when necessary.
- Ability to climb short/tall ladders, twist, bend and stoop to retrieve items from floor, shelves, and hooks.
- Sewing/mending/knitting/crafting skills a plus
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Previous retail sales or apparel experience preferred. Candidate will also ideally have a background in fashion design, applied/fine arts or environmental studies.
Reports to: Store Leader and Assistant Store Leaders